Design Development
Concept Design
The first concept I tested explored a more memorable aesthetic than a simple eliptical design.
The design attempts to maintain a balance between a memorable form and its functional media facade which will be transformed depending on what is projected onto the surface. It was important not to overcomplicate the form as it would detract from its primary purpose as a media canvass.
In this iteration I attempted to express the structure of the auditorium in order to achieve a more industrial aesthetic reminiscent of an actual TV studio/concert environment.
This render tests an ambiguous form with a pattern projected onto the facade. I quite like the simplicity of the form and the fact that it is open to transformation through whatever media is projected onto the facade.
Another form I tested involved the separation of auditorium and media facade. The two components were treated as two separate elliptical forms stacked on top of each other and staggered to create visual interest.
The two forms were then contrasted with the auditorium structure being expressed while the media facade form was wrapped in a white skin. When the media facade was illuminated at night it would appear as a floating elliptical form.
Auditorium by day
Luminous media facade at night
After testing this form I wanted to look at other alternatives that may be construed as more 'architectural'. After studying the test renders I think the design is lacking in memorable complexity and does not embody a liberating and uplifting democratic spirit that is deserving of this architectural entity.






No comments:
Post a Comment