Sunday, November 6, 2011

Project 2- Blog 8


Final Design Development

Form Testing

I tested the spiral form in 3DSMAX to see how the form was viewed from multiple perspectives. I was pleased to find that the form offers changing views which each offer a different and interesting quality.

I have yet to resolve the scale of the building which in its current state is apporximately 6m to 8m at its highest point. The upper section of the helix which acts as a media facade is approx 2 to 3m in height which will allow for a large scale video display that can be viewed from 20 to 50m away.





I added a daylighting system to test the formal qualities under natural lighting conditions.






The form creates some interesting shadows and highlights which change depending on the viewing angle. The natural sweep of the helix creates openings into the interior of the building which can be used as entry ways into the auditorium.



No comments:

Post a Comment